[mythtv-users] Has anyone configured a "semi"-diskless frontend?

Paul Bender pbender at qualcomm.com
Tue Jan 4 18:26:15 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-04 at 17:58 -0500, stan wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2005 at 05:35:21PM -0500, john roberts wrote:
> >
> > I've thought about doing this also.  I'm wondering why you wouldn't want to go diskless.  Why not boot of the net?
> >
> > Is it the boot-up time you're concerned about?
> >
> Have you made a diksless frontend work? If os, have you any pointers to a
> good HOWTO?

I have a working diskless frontend. You can find pointers for diskless
boot in general and for the Via EPIA M series motherboards in particular
at <http://www.viaarena.com/Default.aspx?PageID=5&ArticleID=52>.

Originally, I booted the MiniMyth image from <www.linpvr.org>. However,
since I wanted to upgrade some of the software, I decided to roll my own
build system based on GAR
<http://home.san.rr.com/benderfamily/software/gar-minimyth/>. Like
MiniMyth, my build system is targeted for the Via EPIA M series
motherboards, because I am using the Via EPIA ME6000 for my front ends.