[mythtv-users] Has anyone configured a "semi"-diskless frontend?

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Tue Jan 4 16:57:41 EST 2005

I have a number of frontends, each with local storage.  I have a master
backend which is already serving as a DHCP / TFTP / NFS server to a
MediaMVP and my frontends.

What I'd like to do is take my existing frontends (one a Debian
unstable, one a FC2) and set them up as semi-diskless; boot off the
local storage, then switch to using NFS for everything else, at which
point I can spin-down the local hard drive, reducing noise.

I'm not really interested in a complete diskless system, and the various
HOWTO's that I've seen pretty much revolve around netbooting / PXE.

Has anyone already done something similar?

Thanks.