Re: [mythtv-users] More ATSC woes - Doug README - some stations nownot beingreceived at all

john roberts homepagez at lycos.com
Mon Jan 3 22:21:25 EST 2005

Ok - more on this.  Seems there is also this issue with stations which map chan-subchan != freq-subchan

For example - this FOX station in MD:

        WB54-HD:      :54.1 :40: 3:0
        WB54-DT:      :54.2 :40: 4:0

So - the new mythfilldatabase creates this mapping:

54.1 = 40.1

So - when the backend goes to record something - or you surf to that station - it freaks (ie. hangs) cuz it does not find a signal on this sub-channel.  And I believe it used to flip around looking for other sub-chan's before giving up (40.2,40.3) - but I don't think it does this anymore.

So it looks like two issues.

1) mythfilldatabase is pushing incorrect sub-chan info
2) mythtv is hanging when it can't find content on an invalid sub-chan

How's that? ;)  I think this is corrct - it's the behavior I'm seeing from the latest CVS build.

-John