[mythtv-users] RAID on Fedora Core 3?

Blues Guy bluesguy at stny.rr.com
Mon Jan 3 19:57:44 EST 2005

Max Waterman wrote:

> So, how did *you* stop /dev/md1 disappearing?
>
> ...or is it just that you created your devices in fc2 and/or during the
> install process that makes the difference?
>
> Max.

Honestly, I never had any problem.  And FC2 during install does do some
"magic".  It takes cares of all the script/startup configuration, and
dev entries, and symlinks with the /dev/mapper stuff.  It made it
simple, but that's the bad thing about not doing things from scratch;
you don't learn all the magic under the covers.

Have you looked at the RAID and/or LVM howto's at tldp.org?  They might
have some pearl of wisdom that you're missing...

Greg