[mythtv-users] Re: Removable media browser?

Leo Weppelman leo at wau.mis.ah.nl
Mon Jan 3 16:21:42 EST 2005

On Mon, Jan 03, 2005 at 05:48:14AM -0800, Brad wrote:
> If I may interject... I am SOOOoooo looking for
> this feature too. Basically, I have a whole bunch
> of data DVDs with various stuff archived on them
> (shows, movies, clips, etc). Currently, I load
> them onto my MythTV box by inserting them into my
> Mac and copying them over the network. Of course,
> the WAF for this is very low. I would love to be
> able to insert one of these DVDs in the drive of
> my Myth box and navigate the directories to play
> the files directly from MythVideo.
>
> I haven't mentioned it as I assumed this
> functionality was hidden somewhere and I just
> haven't found it.  ;-)

Copying is not, but playing is....

Find the general settings for mythvideo. Tag the options:
  - Videolist browses files
  - Newly scanned files are browsable by default
  - Set default view to 'Listings'
    [ I posted a patch to make the other views work too, but it has not
      been committed yet]

Also enable in the general mythtv settings:
  - Monitor CD/DVD

And now things should work. If you insert a dvd with avi's it should be
automatically mounted and you should be able to browse and watch them.
This should be in 0.16 AFAIK, but I cannot check this all my systems are
running CVS at the moment.

Leo.