[mythtv-users] New CVS feature pulls ATSC sub channel info - but...

john roberts homepagez at lycos.com
Mon Jan 3 07:08:31 EST 2005

I was happy to see the new CVS build now pulls the sub-channels for ATSC stations - this is nice!  No more editing the channels to add each sub-channel.

But - the naming convention is "26_1" and "26_2" "26_3" etc.  Which is fine during the initial discovery - but if you try to rename them to "26" and "126" and "226" so you can use a remote (which doesn't have the _ mapped to it) it will over-write the names during the next mythfilldatabase. :(

Am I missing something here?  Or do I just need to get used to the fact my channel names will get over-written and I need to map the "_" key to change channels?

Thanks,

-John