[mythtv-users] avidemux / ATRPMs problem (not directly Myth, but hopefully wide appeal)

Harry Orenstein holists at v92net.com
Mon Jan 3 00:58:18 EST 2005

Forgive me for being a wimp and not signing up for a bugzilla account on
ATRPMs (already drowning in email):

I just tried to dist-upgrade using apt under FC3 and after all the installs,
removals and others, avidemux stops working.  This is because avidemux
requires gtk2-devel which requires pango-devel which requires libXft-devel,
and libXft-devel cannot be found by apt.

I didn't have this problem before the upgrade.  In fact, I was already using
avidemux-2.0.34-test2 (current version) before the upgrade, so I'm guessing
the dependencies changed and/or some of the requirements were dropped.

I know alot of people use avidemux to fit captured files on VCDs and DVDs, so
I thought someone might have a suggestion how to fix this problem.  Also, I
know that Axel subscribes to the list, so I thought I might also get lucky
there.  I am not using many apt sources, just FreshRPMS, ATRPMs and dag, so
maybe what I'm missing can be found elsewhere?

TIA for any help!!

-- Harry O.