[mythtv-users] Need help with xorg.conf

Simon Williams ultim8fury at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 00:35:19 EST 2005

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 23:43:21 -0500, Schwarz, Robert P <BS126598 at ncr.com> wrote:

> Gforce FX 5200 to a Sony 46" Rear Projection Model KP46WT500.  I have tried
> DVI and can get to the TV but the display is configured wrong.  Display is
> narrow down the center and longer than the screen.  I would also entertain
> using Svideo.  I tried read-edid but the TV does not respond to the query.
> I looked at some ModeLines used by others but I cannot find the information
> I need on the Sony site or anywhere else.  Any help would be appreciated.  I
> believe for 1080i I should be able to do 1920x1080 interlace.
>
> Thanks
> Bob

this is my modeline for my HD set it should provide a reasonable
starting point.

ModeLine "ATSC-1080-59.94i" 74.176 1920 1960 2016 2200 1080 1082 1088
1125 interlace

fine tuning of display geometry is best done with xvidtune and then
hit the show button in xvidtune to get it to print out the modeline.
Add this new modeline in  your xorg.conf file to make the change
permenant.

Hope this helps.

Simon.