[mythtv-users] Freezing is back with new kernel and ivtv driver........

SunTzu Tech suntzutech at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 20:54:32 EST 2005

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 23:25:33 +0100 (CET), Hugo van der Kooij
<hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org> wrote:

> A significant problem with KnoppMyth is their use of LILO. GRUB is not
> that big and it is not such a major pain to troubleshoot. (Try to explain
> someone the MUST run LILO as soon as their kernel is touched to make sure
> you do not get stuck with LI during boot.

Yeah.  Not sure why they've not caught up, given the fact that their version
of Knoppix is about 18months long in the tooth at this point.

> Then there is a rather silly bug in the KnoppMyth installation process
> which resets the timezone information to PST which is 9 hours off for me
> as I live in CET.

Yeah, but that fixes itself after you get through the real install.

> All in all enough to abandon KnoppMyth for now as it needs some serious
> debugging and improving on rather essential issues.

If you want to email me some other issues, I seem to have the only functioning
apt-get upgraded knoppmyth system.  I was told on the knoppmyth list not to do
that, but that was after I'd already done it.  I hacked on it a bit
and have it sorta
running.  Back end goes away from time to tie and such.  But nothing
so different
that I haven't seen on this list. :-)