[mythtv-users] Data Direct Subscription Expires?

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Sun Jan 2 17:01:57 EST 2005

On Sun, Jan 02, 2005 at 11:57:53AM -0700, Anthony Veale wrote:
> > My Data Direct subscription from zap2it labs expires on January 26th. I
> > can't find anything about renewal on their website. Does anyone out there
> > know how I renew this? Does it happen automatically?
>
> A week or so before the expiration, they should send you an email notice
> which has a link to a survey.  Fill in the web form and submit it and
> they extend your subscription for 3 months.
>
> At least that is how it has been working in the past.

So, anybody speculate when they will decide to start charging?  If
they charge too much, people will go back to screen scraping and sharing,
but I doubt they want to do it free forever.   Tivo pretends they
are selling you listing data for $13/month but of course that price
covers much more than that.   I would venture they would get a good
business in the range of $25/year.  (You can subscribe to TV Guide
on paper for less, but it is ad supported.)