[mythtv-users] mythvideo imdb

Chuck Rice chuck at wildrice.com
Sun Jan 2 14:03:46 EST 2005

At 11:01 AM -0500 1/2/05, Daniel Agar wrote:
>I'm using the latest mythtv rpms from atrpms.net on FC3 and the mythvideo
>imdb perl script that grabs movie info simply isn't working. It doesn't
>return any error messages, but never finds the movie, even on simply
>searches that I know are spelt correctly, or just one word. Does anyone
>else have this problem? I'm fairly certain I'm not missing any perl
>modules as this was all installed through packages.

There is a patch for this. I did a google on this yesterday for
"mythtv imdb" The answer to the first hit contains a patch. Take a
look at:

    <http://www.mail-archive.com/mythtv-dev@mythtv.org/msg00856.html>

In case you are as new to this patch business as I am, you need to
download the patch into your scripts directory, then apply it.
Something like this:

     cd /usr/share/mythtv/mythvideo/scripts
     wget
http://www.mail-archive.com/mythtv-dev@mythtv.org/msg00856/imdb.pl.patch
     patch < imdb.pl.patch

I did this yesterday and typed it in today from memory and am still
rather green at this, but that should get you started. Perhaps the
old timers can verify this. -Chuck-