[mythtv-users] Driving Australian TVs

Damon Searle djsearle at netspace.net.au
Sun Jan 2 07:17:31 EST 2005

It certainly does look better with bob turned on, if you don't use it you
get a slightly jerky 25fps video with combing artefacts. If the video output
from mythtv and the tv-out somehow synced up to produce a correct interlaced
signal that the tv is expecting then it might come out smooth on a tv, but I
don't know if that's even possible. With the bob deinterlacer turned on you
get a smooth 50fps video, but with lower resolution (which doesn't usually
matter unless you zoom in on 4:3 content).

So in relation to the original post the usual solution is to use the bob
deinterlacer, combining it with a 50hz modeline cant hurt either, eg
Modeline "720x576x50" 26.80 720 752 848 880 576 588 593 605
Most people do this with nvidia cards, but it might work with a savage.