[mythtv-users] Re: Argh! Constant Problems... This Time Mythbackend Keeps Dying

David Bosiljevac dave at sanman.ca
Sun Jan 2 00:29:05 EST 2005

> which msp3400 are you using? My installation with 2.6.10 was rather
> unstable untill i replaced the kernel msp3400 with the ivtv version.
> Althought the kernel version now supports the ivtv driver, it is most
> definitily not yet ready for prime time. After swithing back to the ivtv
> version my master backend stabilized remarkably.
>
> I am using the same ivtv version as you are. Doing it on a supermicro
> mobo and slackware 10. Myth CVS as from Dec 23.

Yeah, I checked which version I was using - it appears to be the msp3400 that came
with ivtv and not the one that came with the kernel.

I'm using the Debian binaries though - 20040909.  I didn't actually compile my own
version of Myth.

At this point, I'm not sure if my problem lies with the driver or with Myth itself.

.......  so frustrating.  :-(

--db