[mythtv-users] Via Eden with PVR350 was working

Torsten Schenkel mythtv at isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Jan 1 19:58:44 EST 2005

Am Freitag, den 31.12.2004, 21:21 -0600 schrieb Jonathan Moore:

> I have now had the box working twice by using a a guide the "MythTV on a
> dedicated Eden/PVR350 Mythbox Walkthrough" at
>
> http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough

This is terribly outdated. I still keep it online for nostalgia and
because the way to setup a box didn't change. Please don't try to follow
it to the letter.

> The first time it worked for about two days and then had a few lockups and
> eventually got to where it would play video really slow and no audio. This was
> whether I was viewing live TV or a recording. Recordings still seemed to be
> working correctly, as copying them to another computer and playing seemed to
> work. I reran mythsetup several times with the same results. Manually using the
> dd test
>
> dd if=/dev/video of=/dev/video16 bs=64k
>
> works fine.

So the HW and the basic setup is fine.

> This is mythtv 0.16, ivtv driver 0.1.9, debian sarge 2.4.26
>
> Any help would be appreciated. I am about to give up on the Eden and just grab
> another MB. At this point it all seems to be working except the cpu load issue,
> which is probably causing the slow video and no audio.

This is most certainly a case of not using the pvr350's decoder. The
X-Server is running on the 350? I guess so, otherwise you shouldn't see
the slow video. If this assumption is correct the sound should be on the
sondcard's line-out jack.

Do you see the line

Using the PVR-350 decoder/TV-out

in the mythfrontend output?

If not recheck the "Use the HW decoder" and remember to acknowledge each
page of the TV/Playback setup screen with the OK/Continue button.

Good Luck,

Torsten