[mythtv-users] TAO Linux?

myth at umich2.com myth at umich2.com
Sat Jan 1 13:24:22 EST 2005

Hugo van der Kooij wrote:

>Hi,
>
>How much of the packages are ready to go for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0?
>
>I started of with FC3 only because Jarod's guide made it look like a
>jiffy.
>
>However I am not that big a fan of the short lifespan of Fedora Core sets.
>So I have used TAO linux for a number of installations. This is in effect
>a RHEL 3.0 clone with the advantage of having the long lifespan.
>
>Any thoughts?
>
>Hugo.

After seeing white box enterprise linux all but dry up for timely
updates (without building your own) I might recommend CentOS --
http://www.centos.org -- for a rhel clone. They seem to have the most
people working on the project and have a commitment to getting updates
out in a timely fashion.

--
http://www.umich2.com