[mythtv-users] Analog line in to digital sound out?

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Sat Jan 1 12:55:03 EST 2005

On Jan 1, 2005, at 9:21 AM, MasterC wrote:

> Indeed, that's the key.  I ran this problem for 2 days solid trying to
> get
> SPDIF to work, but it just seemed a complete loss.  There should be 3
> 'volume' levels on that particular mixer setting.  Setting it to the
> various levels enables/disables different types of output from your
> digital jack.  It should be the AC97-SPSA that you are looking at, and
> it
> should be set to '0'.  I've also got the AC-Link option enabled on the
> 'playback source'.

No go... tried each setting for AC97-SPSA (0-4, or 0-100% in alsamixer)
and no change. I also don't have an "AC-Link" option.

What hardware are you using and what versions of the ALSA software?
I've seen comments that various functionality has broken at different
points in time :) so I think my best approach is to copy someone else's
setup.

Drew

--
Drew Bernat