[mythtv-users] Need help with Air2pc setup

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 22:37:00 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:44:57 -0500, Byron Poland <wpoland at gmail.com> wrote:

> Now when I run mythtv-setup and set up the capture device (following
> the air2pc-howto) dvb0  detected:
>
>    DVB Card Number:       0
>    Card Name:      Could not get card infor for card #0!
>    Card Type:           Success
>
> This is the first place things seem to diverge from the howto.  Of
> concern is not getting the card info, and the contradictory: Success.

I had to compile Myth 0.17 from source to get this to work. To do
this, get the source, then make sure the proper flags are enabled in
the config file (settings.pro, I think). Don't remember what the flags
are...do a search, I'm pretty sure this has been discussed on this
mailing list. Axel's Myth rpms for FC3 didn't seem to have the proper
flags enabled.

Lane

--
Meetup with other Myth users!