[mythtv-users] Escape mapping for ATI remote wonder on FC3

Risto Treksler risto at elkhornbanff.ca
Mon Feb 28 18:20:48 UTC 2005

Hi,

I prefer the ati_remote module
I could only get it to play nice with a 2.4 kernel though,
(which I don't mind)

please see the patch at
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/96106?;#96092

it even remaps the mouse pad on the remote to keyboard arrow keys,
as the mouse is useless in myth

i also made the keys at the top (TV,DVD,Web,etc) send F1, F2, etc.
so you can use mythweb to map those to direct jump buttons :)

I have adapted it a little bit since then:

basically i made the maximize button send "a" for timestretch ease of use
so that it is right next to the arrow keys:
+       {KIND_FILTERED, 0xe5, 0x20, EV_KEY, KEY_A, 1},   /* maximize */

and to make it easier on the thumb to edit the recordings
I made "e" and "f" send page up and pagedown
but I forget which one was which,
i think they were backwards
+       {KIND_FILTERED, 0xe6, 0x21, EV_KEY, KEY_PAGEDOWN, 1},   /* E key */
+       {KIND_FILTERED, 0xe8, 0x23, EV_KEY, KEY_PAGEUP, 1},   /* F key */

I just wish that this remote didn't suffer from RF interference as badly as it
does, otherwise it works great.

Risto.