[mythtv-users] MythTV Install Documentation

Nav Jagpal nav.jagpal at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 00:15:35 UTC 2005

>An unusual set of hardware requirements then.

Sorry, I just arbitrarily picked the hardware requirements.. I needed
to put something there; I really should have put a "** FIX ME" beside
that section. I'm running a way less powerful machine than the one I
described!

>Buying a pc to tv converter is also odd advice, since video cards
with tv-out are cheap and plentiful.

I guess I didn't describe my goal properly. I wanted non-linux people
to be able to get MythTV up and going.

When I first thought about getting a mythtv box, I just wanted to find
a place that said "hey, get this stuff, and it will work". Instead, I
had to take bits and pieces of documents, and build a system with what
I had -- which was great, for me. But this may not be great for
others. Most machines come with on-board video.. Instead of busting
out >= $100 for a video card with tv-out, and having the fun
associated with setting up tv-out with that card, spend $100 towards
something that requires 0-configuration.