[mythtv-users] Linux swap on frontend

Larry larrysclubcars at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 31 23:23:01 EST 2005

"How can you run diskless yet have a swap partition?"

That is why i said "diskless mode".
I did not say diskless client.

I assumed that diskless would be something like Knoppix.
Where you boot and run off the CD.
In Knoppix, if the hard disk has a linux swap partition then it is used.
In Knoppix, (in my experience) you get better performance when
the linux swap partition is being used.

This is how it would be diskless.

> If the frontend is running in some kind of diskless mode,
> does it help if the hard disk has a linux swap partition?

How can you run diskless yet have a swap partition?
> If yes, how big should the linux swap be given
> that this is media client?

No, you don't really need one.
> This frontend has 256Mb RAM and 30 Gb Hard Disk.
So, it isn't running diskless?

Regards,

Cecil

.