[mythtv-users] audio out on a Hauppauge pvr-350

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Sat Dec 31 22:08:38 EST 2005

On Sat, Dec 31, 2005 at 06:26:13PM -0800, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> Do you get an error from Myth when you watch something? How are you
> hooking up your audio? Out from your 350 and into your sound card or
> direct from your 350 to speakers/receiver?

I was getting a "no such device" error earlier, before I found the
setting which let me use the pvr-350's audio-out.  I think this is
because the main onboard sound card isn't detected, and thus /dev/dsp
isn't created.  (no sound in ubuntu either).

no there aren't any errors that I can find, though I will look
further.

I'm trying to use the direct audio out, so am not hooking up through
the sound card.

matt

Matt Price	    matt.price at utoronto.ca