[mythtv-users] audio out on a Hauppauge pvr-350

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Sat Dec 31 21:21:45 EST 2005

hi folks,

trying to get audio out to work on a hauppauge pvr-350.  This is on a
dell optiplex gx1, running ubuntu breezy's mythtv packages (18.1-5).
I have an xserver running on the tv-out, working fine, and I have
tried the dd test :
dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k
which successfully produced audio and video.

howver when I run mythtv I get no sound output, despite having checked
the "use pvr-350' audio" in the mythfrontend setup utility.  video is
also slightly off, with the edges of the screen vanishing (very
frustrating when I'm doing the settings!).  bur for now I'm
concentrating on the lack of audio, which is crippling b/c the onboard
sound card does not seem to be recognized by ubuntu (apparently I'm
not the only one with this problem, see
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=388581 ).

Can someone direct me to some info on this?  I've googled around but
am getting worn out after many defeats.  I tried this solution:

http://jonobacon.org/viewcomments.php?id=590

adding the following to /etc/modules.d/ivtv

alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
options ivtv ivtv_std=2 tda9887=0 ivtv_debug=1
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
options tuner pal=1
install ivtv /sbin/modprobe tuner; /sbin/modprobe msp3400;
/sbin/modprobe saa7115; \
  /sbin/modprobe saa7127; /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install ivtv; \
  /usr/local/bin/ivtvctl -j reg=0x6c,val=0xfa; /sbin/modprobe
lirc_i2c; \
  /sbin/modprobe ivtv-fb; \ /usr/local/bin/ivtvfbctl /dev/fb0
-noglobalalpha -localalpha

but no luck, no change.

can anyone offer some advice?  hanks,

matt

Matt Price	    matt.price at utoronto.ca
History Department, University of Toronto
(416) 978-2094