[mythtv-users] Adding a slave to existing MBE

Joshua Frank frankjoshua at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 21:16:42 EST 2005

Just run myth-setup as you would on the master. You have to setup the new
tuners on the slave backend. Just make sure in the mythtv-setup to double
check IPs. You have two spots for an ip on that says master backed and the
other that says this backend.

NFS shares are the best way I've found. It get complicated if you have
different paths on your other backend. So make sure they all match.

Also check your /etc/mythtv/mysql.txt file. Make sure the IP address is
correct for the machine the mysql is running on. This is usually the Master
Backend.

On 12/31/05, A JM <vbtalent at gmail.com> wrote:

> What about the cards? Just run the Myth-setup on the backend like normal?
>
> What about the file system? Did you use an NFS share?
>
> Thanks,

Joshua Frank
frankjoshua at gmail.com