[mythtv-users] Who do you have to kill to ACTUALLY get MythGames/xmame working?

Matt Goebel matt at goebelnet.com
Sat Dec 31 18:46:28 EST 2005

Alright, I'm completely pissed off here.  I don't believe MythGames +
xmame works.  It's been on the radar for 6 months to get it working.
I've sat down several times to attempt to that... no success.  The
couple times I've managed to get it working somewhat it's just randomly
stopped working shortly thereafter.  I've tried downgrading to xmame
0.97 and using wrapper scripts with several other newer versions.  I've
tried just about ever suggestions I could find posted on newsgroups.
NOTHING works!

My system consists of:
Fedora Core 4 fully updated (i386, using the medley yum conf)
mythgame-0.18.1-114.rhfc4.at
xmame-0.102-1.2.fc4.rf
widescreen HDTV

I'd like to load my games in fullscreen.

What do I have to do, step by step, to get this working?  I don't like
the idea of having to use MythGame from CVS if possible.