[mythtv-users] WinTV PVR-350 - Do I still need a video out card?

Acid Einstein acideinstein at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 13:54:15 EST 2005

I know a lot of people have used a 350 in their MythTV setup. I'm currently
using a 250 with a nVidia based card for video out. I'm thinking of getting
a 350 and slapping it in the same MythTV box so i can view and record at the
same time. But if I get a 350 will I no longer require the video out
features on my video card? Ideally i'd like to remove the nVidia card and
replace it with something cheap. But i'm afraid the Video Out on the 350
will only work for watching TV or only within MythTV. I'm hoping it just
works like any other video card with TV out but when the hauppage website
states that it requiers a video card with direct draw to function I get a
little scared.

Any advice would be great. thanks.