[mythtv-users] how to feed 1280x720p to a large TV?

Calvin Harrigan charriglists at bellsouth.net
Sat Dec 31 10:56:55 EST 2005

Eyal Lebedinsky wrote:

>I have this LG DLP TV (52SZ8R) which says it has a 1280x720
>resolution. What settings do I use so that I feed it this
>resolution?
>
>A quick test (from a Windows machine) that shows 1280x720
>fine on my LCD monitor shows the image on the TV with black
>borders on all four sides. Maybe the RGB input has some limits?
>
>I plan to feed it DVI once I set up a proper Myth client,
>or maybe component. Anyone got a modeline?
>
>Happy New Year everyone.

My Sony does the same thing, from what I've read on the net the TV
itself is doing it to avoid clipping the edges of the display that might
have important info/utilities like the taskbar, etc.  I have yet to find
a way to disable it.  The display looks great, with the lights off I
can't even tell there is a black border, the TV trim is black and the
blacks on the display are really dark.

Calvin...