[mythtv-users] Samba 3 better than NFS 3 for recording over Ethernet

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Dec 30 18:11:08 EST 2005

Brad wrote:
> Are you sure you don't have a drive failure? RAID 5 will continue on  =
> normally but your speed will sink fast if a drive fails.

I am well aware of how mdadm handles drive failures and how to monitor
the array's and drives' health. Believe me, they're fine as far as I
can tell. And as I've written, iostat shows all drives in the array
with similar performance measures.

Michael J. Lynch <mlynch at gcom.com> says:
> Or....possibly there was a reason for the *fantastic* price.

Although I am a believe in the old adage "Never buy anything from the
back of the truck or from a man out of breath," the fantastic price
came from a CompUSA sale. The drives were sealed retail models.