[mythtv-users] USB Control with DirecTV D11

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Fri Dec 30 09:31:18 EST 2005

Controlling the DirecTV D11 via USB:

Most DirecTV stbs can be controlled by a serial line operating at 9600 baud.
The D11 only has a USB port, and operates at a higher speed with hardware
flow control. To use it, you need a USB->Serial adapter, null modem cable,
and a modified copy of the script to connect at the higher speed with flow
control. Here is the writeup I did on it:

http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DirecTV_20D11_20USB_20Control?action=highlight&value=CategoryHowTo

 - Jeff Simpson

(This is mostly for the benefit of the mailing list archive since a few of
you have asked about it - I said I'd post again when I fixed up the script,
but I haven't had time, so I'm just posting it as-is, since it works. The
reason I didn't put the details in this email is that I'll be able to update
the wiki howto in the link if something changes, whereas I won't be able to
update this message and it'll contain outdated information in archive
searches for years to come. boo mailing lists.)