[mythtv-users] hd-3000 and pvr-500 together

R. Geoffrey Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Dec 29 18:15:21 EST 2005

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 23:36:22 -0700, Mike wrote:

>Is it possible to run this together on 0.18.1
>-pvr-500 basic NTSC analog cable
>-hd-3000 OTA HDTV
>
>I've gone through and compiled up a new kernel, can cat
>/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 and get HDTV from an antenna. But I can't get my
>already working NTSC setup running with the HD channels. I already
>rebuilt mythtv with DVB support, I'm fairly sure that the card is
>working otherwise I don't think I would have gotten files that I could
>play via mplayer out of cat off the hd-3000 card. Although 2.6.14.4 with
>ivytv-0.4.1 and bttv wasn't a fun endevor to figure out why they didn't
>work together. I can't compile half of the guys tools for the HD-3000
>card because hes got a bunch of errors in his code for later versions of
>make. However, I can use build and use azap and those tools which is how
>I tuned it to test it in the first place. So I'm pretty sure the linux
>side of it is done. All I need to do is figure out how to make myth do
>what I want it to do with both of these cards together.
>
>PVR-500 tuners selected to my analog cable profile from zap2it
>HD-3000 tuner selected to OTA HDTV channels from zap2it
>
>Can't select 'Scan for channels' or 'advanced'.
>
>Can somebody help me or give me advice?

I'm note sure if it can be done with 18.1 but it can with SVN.

One thing to try: Since you are running 2.6.14-4 you can use the kernel
tveeprom module instead of the tveeprom-ivtv module.
Just comment out the modprobe.conf line which says "alias tveeprom
tveeprom-ivtv"

Make sure that cx88-dvb is listed first in etc/sysconfig/modules.pcimap

There is a thread archived at gossamer threads titled "Sweet! PC HD3000
QAM_256 working, now about importing those channels?"

It discusses how to use dvb-apps to scan for channels and how to add them
to the mythconverg database.

Geoff

R. Geoffrey Newbury                          newbury at mandamus.org
Barrister and Solicitor                         Telephone: 905-271-9600
Mississauga,Ontario, Canada              Facsimile:   905-271-1638