[mythtv-users] hd-3000 and pvr-500 together

Mike stuff at dustsmoke.com
Thu Dec 29 01:36:22 EST 2005

Is it possible to run this together on 0.18.1
-pvr-500 basic NTSC analog cable
-hd-3000 OTA HDTV

I've gone through and compiled up a new kernel, can cat
/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 and get HDTV from an antenna. But I can't get my
already working NTSC setup running with the HD channels. I already
rebuilt mythtv with DVB support, I'm fairly sure that the card is
working otherwise I don't think I would have gotten files that I could
play via mplayer out of cat off the hd-3000 card. Although with
ivytv-0.4.1 and bttv wasn't a fun endevor to figure out why they didn't
work together. I can't compile half of the guys tools for the HD-3000
card because hes got a bunch of errors in his code for later versions of
make. However, I can use build and use azap and those tools which is how
I tuned it to test it in the first place. So I'm pretty sure the linux
side of it is done. All I need to do is figure out how to make myth do
what I want it to do with both of these cards together.

PVR-500 tuners selected to my analog cable profile from zap2it
HD-3000 tuner selected to OTA HDTV channels from zap2it

Can't select 'Scan for channels' or 'advanced'.

Can somebody help me or give me advice?