[mythtv-users] Remapping channels

Roland Roberts roland at astrofoto.org
Wed Dec 28 20:57:32 EST 2005

    Chris> On 12/28/05, Roland Roberts <roland at astrofoto.org> wrote:

    >> I'm using mythfilldatabase to populate the database from
    >> datadirect.  But right now, I've got my PVR-500 plugged directly
    >> into the cable *without* the set-top box.  This means I only get
    >> the non-encrypted channels but it also means both tuners can
    >> operate simultaneously.  Unfortunately, it also means that all
    >> the channels are not where datadirect says they are....
    >>
    >> Is there a way to change the channel mappings so the program
    >> guide matches what I'm seeing?

    Chris> When you set up you Zap2It lineup, there is a screen that
    Chris> gives you the option to select/deselect individual channels
    Chris> in your lineup.

    Chris> It sounds like you need 2 separate lineups defined, one for
    Chris> digital cable and one for analog cable.  Define the two
    Chris> lineups at Zap2It, then run mythtvsetup and assign the
    Chris> appropriate lineup to each tuner.

Uhm, no.  I don't think so.  The two tuners are onboard the PVR-500,
internally, no digital vs analog, this is all analog.  And the issue
isn't two different line-ups for the two tuners.

My local cable provider apparently remaps the channels inside their
set-top box.  Since I split the signal *before* the set-top box, I only
see the unencrypted channels.  That's fine for my use (at present
anyway), but it means the program guide shows channel 13, but the mythtv
channel is 23.  And elsewhere the guide shows channel 21, but the mythtv
channel is 69.  And the guide shows channel 1, but the mythtv sees this
as channel 3.  So I want a map that does "program guide says X, use Y".

roland
--
                       PGP Key ID: 66 BC 3B CD
roland at rlenter.com                            6818 Madeline Court