[mythtv-users] Dual PVR-150's controlling 2 identical cable boxes

Joshua Frank frankjoshua at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 18:32:38 EST 2005

This will work fine. You will need to make two copies of your Channel change
script.
I have changechannel and changechannel2 and in the script specify which port
they control eg. /dev/ttyS0 or /dev/ttyS1. The myth tv setup program already
allows for specifying a separate program to control channel changing per
each tuner.

On 12/28/05, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:

> obscure information. wrote:
>

> > On 12/28/05, *Michael T. Dean* < mtdean at thirdcontact.com
> > <mailto:mtdean at thirdcontact.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     John P. Mitchell wrote:
> >
> >     > obscure information. wrote:
> >     >
> >     >> will it be possible for me to add a second PVR-150 connected to
> an
> >     >> identical CFT2254 and have them change channels independently
> >     via lirc?
> >     >
> >     >    You should be fine but you will need two SEPARATE instances of
> >     > lircd running. Also, my experience has shown that you do not
> >     want both
> >     > instances of lircd changing channels at the same time.
> >
> >     Or separate "channels" for your two cable boxes.  I have two DISH
> >     receivers and changed one to use channel 9, so I use channel 1 and
> >     channel 9 and a single IR blaster.
> >
> >I'm not sure I follow ... do you mean what channel the cable box is
> transmitting on?
> >

> No.  I mean what channel the IR remote is transmitting on.
>
> Mike

Joshua Frank
frankjoshua at gmail.com