[mythtv-users] need help generating/finding lircd.conf for motorola dsr205/315

Kevin Venkiteswaran kkvenkit at gmail.com
Wed Dec 28 13:09:01 EST 2005

I need help generating (or finding an existing) lircd.conf for a
Motorola DSR205 or DSR315 with a codeset other than 000.

Now for some background:
I have multiple Motorola satellite receivers (provided by Starchoice in
Ontario, Canada) that are hooked up to multiple Hauppauge PVR-150's. I'm
using a single IR-blaster from www.irblaster.info to control one of the
satellite receiver (programmed with codeset 000). I'm using the
lircd.conf from http://lirc.sourceforge.net/remotes/motorola/IRC442.

I've been advised to program the second satellite receiver to an
alternate codeset so I can control both with the same ir blaster.

I've tried to create my own lircd.conf using irrecord. I have an Ira-3
IR receiver (uses the irman protocol, purchased from
www.home-electro.com). The generated lircd.conf's have the one and zero
directives set as "0 0" which results in no data being transmitted.  The
size of each message (bits directive) differs widely from my generated
lircd.conf (64bits) to the one I use above (12 bits).

I've juggled many numbers and have hit a dead-end. Any help is greatly
appreciated.