[mythtv-users] Stupid problems with MythTV and MySQL

Christopher Robbins robbinsc at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 21:02:57 EST 2005

Stupid....MySQL....

I'm getting some oddball errors with MySQL and MythTV.  I've used apt to get
everything downloaded, and all seems to work fine but I get errors with the
database.

1.)  MySQL keeps forgetting that I've used mythconverg as the database.
When I check on which database is being used, this is what I get:

mysql> \s
--------------
mysql  Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.13, for suse-linux (i686) using readline 5.0

Connection id:          48
Current database:
Current user:           root at localhost
SSL:                    Not in use
Current pager:          less
Using outfile:          ''
Using delimiter:        ;
Server version:         4.1.13
Protocol version:       10
Connection:             Localhost via UNIX socket
Server characterset:    latin1
Db     characterset:    latin1
Client characterset:    latin1
Conn.  characterset:    latin1
UNIX socket:            /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
Uptime:                 24 min 30 sec

2.)  I get MySQL driver errors like this when I try to run setup

2005-12-27 18:22:41.133 No error type from QSqlError?  Strange...
2005-12-27 18:22:41.133 Database not open while trying to save setting:
Language
2005-12-27 18:22:41.133 Unable to connect to database!

Ad infinium....I've executed all the right commands to setup the initial
database, and the mysql daemon is up and running.  (I wrote the guide, you'd
think I'd know
how to fix this... :) )

Thanks for any help anyone can throw my way

-Chris Robbins