[mythtv-users] Starting up mythfrontend automatically?

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Tue Dec 27 19:57:07 EST 2005

Heh.  Fair enough.

OK playing the devil's advocate now...

If I disable the need of the password, isn't that a lot more dangerous
than just enabling anyone to use halt - I mean, now anyone can be "root"
without needing a password?  Someone malciously invoking halt can be
annoying but at the end of the day, it just turns off the computer
without destroying anything?

Also if I pass the password, wouldn't it be viewable in mythtv setup?  I
mean, if someone browses my setup screens (unlikely I guess, but bear
with me) and spots the password and goes "Ooooh!" ?

I'm sure the answers to those 2 are in the man pages for sudo I guess? :)

Cheers - Piers