[mythtv-users] Strange glitches/pops

Brian Webb webbbn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 18:58:55 EST 2005

On 12/27/05, Brady <liquidgecka at gmail.com> wrote:
> I rebuild my system a month ago and now while watching live tv I get
> tops of pops and glitches in the video.
>
> This is a x86_64 system.
>
> The only errors I can see are:
> [mpeg2video @ 0x324b326d60]ac-tex damaged at 20 22
> [mpeg2video @ 0x324b326d60]end mismatch left=26
> [mpeg2video @ 0x324b326d60]00 motion_type at 25 29

I've had the same problem with recordings on my x86_64 system.  After
some searching I noticed that my first tuner shared an interrupt with
one of the disks in my raid array.  I thought that this might be
causing some data to get dropped on the capture card during heavy I/O.
 I recently rearranged my PCI cards in an attempt to reorder the
interrupts, and it appears to be fixed.  I can't say for sure that my
diagnosis was correct, but it sounds plausible to me.  Any opinions?

--
Brian Webb
webbbn at gmail.com