[mythtv-users] mythgame not starting xmame properly ... so close ...

Mary Strimel mstrimel at comcast.net
Tue Dec 27 18:58:47 EST 2005

hi,
I compiled and installed the latest mythgame plugin on my Ubuntu 5.04
system. When I try to start an xmame game, the screen flashes once and
returns to the game menu. The error I can decipher from the frontend log is
"MameRomLocation not set in mythgame-txt", but I DID set my ROM location
properly in the mythtv setup screens, and I cannot find a file called
"mythgame-txt" anywhere on my system. (I already followed the instructions
to disable the joystick option under mythtv as described in the docs, so I
don't think that's the problem). There are a couple other error-ish things
from the log that I copied below.
What next?
thanks,
Mary

XMLParse::LoadTheme(): Can't open:
/usr/local/share/mythtv/themes/Iulius/game-ui .xml
XMLParse::LoadTheme(): Using default theme file
MythThemedDialog.o: something is requesting a screen update of zero size. A
widg et probably has not done a calculateScreeArea(). Will redraw the whole
screen (i nefficient!).
MythThemedDialog.o: something is requesting a screen update of zero size. A
widg et probably has not done a calculateScreeArea(). Will redraw the whole
screen (i nefficient!).
MameRomLocation not set in mythgame-settings.txt, using
default./usr/games/xmame  -rompath /roms -history_file
/var/lib/mythgame/history.dat -hiscore_directory /
var/lib/mythgame/hiscore/ -hiscore_file
/var/lib/mythgame/hiscore.dat -skip_disc
laimer -noskip_gameinfo -fullscreen -noartwork -noautoframeskip  -scale
1 -noant
ialias -notranslucency   -noanalogstick -nowinkeys -nograbmouse -joytype
0 -samp les -volume -16  -nocheat
/usr/games/xmame -rompath  -lr "" 2>/dev/null
2005-12-26 03:35:31.911 Connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543 (try 1
of 5 )
2005-12-26 03:35:31.918 Using protocol version 15