[mythtv-users] Powering off computer as non-root

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Mon Dec 26 20:58:15 EST 2005

Hello all,

Mythfrontend is set to turn off my computer using the command "halt".
Mythfrontend is run as an non-root user - in this case user "piers" - so
when I try to exit MythTV, and I select "Yes, exit and shutdown" - it
jsut says "Command not found".  Obviously this command isn't available
to non-root users.  So how do I enable the user "piers" to be able to
shut down the computer without opening up too many obvious security holes?

Thanks very much for your help in advance

Regards - Piers