[mythtv-users] Starting up mythfrontend automatically?

Piers Kittel mythtv at biased.org
Mon Dec 26 20:30:02 EST 2005

Joggl, Petr & Gavin,

OK have fixed the autostart thing - changed one of my terminals to
rungetty with the following line:

1:2345:respawn:/sbin/rungetty vc/1 -u piers /etc/init.d/mythfrontend_startup

put in an script that exports paths and the home directory and calls
"startx".

.xinitrc and .fvwmrc needed to be in my home directory with full paths.

Works nicely.  Took me ages to figure out that I needed to export PATH
and HOME and the .xinitrc and .fvwmrc files needed full paths to the
commands.

Just need to figure out how to power off the computer as non-root ;)

Thanks to you 3 for your help - much appreciated!

Regards - Piers