[mythtv-users] Starting up mythfrontend automatically?

Petr Stehlik pstehlik at sophics.cz
Mon Dec 26 18:00:15 EST 2005

Piers Kittel píše v Po 26. 12. 2005 v 22:38 +0000:

> Am using Debian Stable (Sarge)

I got etch/sid mix.

> mythfrotnend automatically on a frontend.  Was using GDM (for autologin)
> and Windowmaker.

GDM and the same window manager that knoppmyth uses (forgot its name but
I doubt it's important)

> Restarting GDM and logging into fvwm using the same user doesn't work.

it works for me.

The /home/mythtv contains the .xsession file with the
mythfrontend 2>&1 >/var/log/mythtv/frontend.log
line

> So, my question is how to start mythfrontend after GDM auto logs in?

see above. GDM logs in automagically and then run executes the .xsession
file. That's all.

Petr