[mythtv-users] How do I get mythfilldatabase to NOT add channels?

Niels Dybdahl Niels at Dybdahl.dk
Mon Dec 26 13:51:04 EST 2005

> I am using MythTV with QAM256 channels (which lacks guide data).   So I
> have
> set up a DataDirect source for the guide data.   The problem is I can
> manually enter the channels I have into the database, but when I do a
> mythfilldatabase, it adds every channel in the cable lineup to the list.
> How do I stop that? I only want the channels I receive!

You should configure your XMLTV grabber to only retrieve those channels.
Usually you do that with tv_grab_... --configure. Often there is a
configuration file, where you easily can configure which channels to
retrieve.
Alternatively, you can mark the channels you are not interested in as not
visible.

Niels Dybdahl