[mythtv-users] Re: Mini Distro for MythFrontend

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Sun Dec 25 07:55:57 EST 2005

> Mini Distro for MythFrontendDate: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 12:50:40 +0000
>From: Mailing Lists <lists at netsalve.com>

If you think your hard-disk is too noisy, add to the end of /etc/rc.local
hdparm -M128 /dev/hdb (acoustic management of the hard-disk)
hdparm -E1 /dev/hda (set CD/DVD drive single-speed, enough for playback)
That is what I did on my Pundit-R
BTW I've my installation FE/BE < 900MB also based on Mandriva 2006. If
everything is installed another 75MB can be gained by
removing /var/lib/urpmi, info where which rpms can be found.
2nd BTW I'm experimenting with a networked DVD-player to get it 100% silent
and HD-output as a bonus