[mythtv-users] zap2it password

mythtv at jehster.net mythtv at jehster.net
Sun Dec 25 00:35:51 EST 2005

Assuming you only have one video source, here's a quick way. Run mysql as
root (mysql -u root -p). After giving it your password, give it the
following command at the 'mysql>' prompt:

update mythconverg.videosource set password = 'new_password';

This updates all of your video sources (a moot point, if there's only
one). If you have more than one, you can do the following. At the 'mysql>'
prompt, type

select sourceid,name from videosource;

and make note of the sourceid for the source you want to change. Then, type

update mythconverg.videosource set password = 'new_password' where
sourceid = X;

where 'X' is the number of the sourceid you want to modify.

In either case, 'exit' will exit the mysql CLI.

To back up your database before playing with it, become root and do the
following at the command line:

mysqldump -p --add-drop-table -F --extended-insert=FALSE mythconverg >
mythconverg.sql

To restore it, use

mysql -p mythconverg < mythconverg.sql

I have a script dump my databases to disk (I have several different mysql
databases spread across multiple machines) and then write that file off to
tape once a day.

Hope that helps,
Roy

joe byrne wrote:
> I have phpMyAdmin installed, and I used it to browse the database.
Alternatively, you can handle things from the command line. The
> following will tell you what password you entered into myth:
>
> $ mysql -u mythtv -pmythtv
> mysql> use mythconverg
> mysql> select * from videosource;
>
> (Note the semicolon.)
> If the password is in error, you can try something like:
> mysql> update videosource set password='foobar' where userid='rodney'
>
> (note the single quotes, put real values between them.)
>
> Caveats:  Today's the first time I looked at the mythtv database and I
just learned sql two weeks ago.  You should backup your db before
hacking on it. Also, it's possible something else is up.

> On 12/24/05, Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers.42 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 17:35:55 -0800
>> joe byrne <mythjoe at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I just happen to be surfing mythconverg and have the videosource
table
>> > up.  That looks like where zap2it stuff is stored.

letter l were difficult to tell apart.

personal account the ability to use the WebMin functions. It does
not like root (obvious for security) nor my personal account.

>> Dumb question. How do I change it?
>> I'm getting these errors, which I "assume" are for the bad password;
Resolving datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com... 206.18.98.160
>> Connecting to datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com[206.18.98.160]:80...
connected.