[mythtv-users] New HDTV!! Have some questions about firewire capture and proper modeline...

Josh mythtv2 at dalcher.com
Sat Dec 24 22:31:58 EST 2005

My new Hitachi 55" HDT52 has a firewire port on it.  In reading the
documentation, it appears that the TV has the ability to record over this
firewire port to an external device.

I have looked through the forums a bit and I see a lot of discussion relating
to capture from a digital cable box, but I was wondering if there is any way I
can configure my Linux box/MythTV to capture over this firewire port directly?
 This is attractive to me since the TV has an onboard HD tuner and it'd be
great to capture HD content straight over this port.

Also, while I'm asking... does anyone know the appropriate modeline for this
set?  I've got an old GeForce2 DDR that has a DVI port on it that I'd like to
use and was hoping it would be a somewhat painless update.

Thank you for the help!

Josh