[mythtv-users] special keys mapped to alsamixer????

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Dec 24 01:39:27 EST 2005

Danny Brow wrote:

>On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 19:43 -0500, Danny Brow wrote:
>

>>I have a silverstone 16m case with the play/mute/vol+/etc keys on the
>>front of the case. I would like to map these keys to alsamixer so that I
>>can use at least the volume stuff.

Depends on your window manager/desktop environment.

>> I will be running mythtv as the
>>windows manager in X. Basically, X server starts and then mythtv. So
>>what can I use to do this?

MythTV is not a window manager.  If all you run is MythTV, this might
work, but remember that MythVideo and MythDVD call external programs
(i.e. MPlayer, xine, or ...), so you will most likely be running other
programs...

>>And how can I map the next/prev buttons in mythtv? where do you set the
>>keyboard shortcut keys in myth?

Once again, it depends on your WM/DE.

>xhkeys solves the volume stuff. Still could use some suggestions on the
>rest though.

Best suggestion I could offer: use a WM.

Mike