[mythtv-users] Audio gone with upgrade to 2.6.14-1.1653_FC4/ivtv-0.4.1-99

Curtis Porter cdp at curtisporter.com
Fri Dec 23 21:47:00 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-23 at 21:07 -0500, korebantic wrote:
> I upgraded to the latest kernel and stable ivtv drivers, and the sound
> from LiveTV is gone (except for little crackling sounds now and then).
> I can still hear audio fine from previous recordings and imported
> videos.
>
> Any suggestions?

Make sure you are using msp3400-ivtv.ko, not the module that came with
your latest kernel.

Go into /lib/modules/$KVER/kernel/drivers/media/video and rename
msp3400.ko to msp3400.ko.orig
Next, go to /lib/modules/$KVER/updates/drivers/media/video and copy
msp3400-ivtv.ko to msp3400.ko
Run depmod -a

Now reload the module
modprobe -r ivtv
modprobe -r msp3400
modprobe ivtv

Supposedly you can accomplish this by putting an alias
in /etc/modprobe.conf, but I must be doing something silly because it
doesn't work for me, so I resort to the above.

Curtis