[mythtv-users] 2005 MCE REMOTE

Scott Phalen scott at sphalen.com
Fri Dec 23 21:34:11 EST 2005

Sorry if this has been beaten to death but I can't seem to find the correct
fix for my issue.

I just put together a MythTV box:

P4 2.8Ghz

1GB DDR RAM

160GB 7200 RPM Hard drive

WinTV 500MCE

MCE RC6 Remote w/IR Receiver

Now, I have everything installed and working great. except the remote in
MythTV.  When I run /usr/bin/irw I get the output I can see the remote is
working.  An lsmod shows the the remote drivers are loaded.  I have a
.lircrc file in the user's home dir and in the /users/homedir/.mythtv dir.
I copied the lircrc file from examples online.  Lircd is running as well.

Am I missing something?  Do I need to configure something in MythTV to get
it to use the remote?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Scott