[mythtv-users] Glitches in firewire capture from DCT-6200

Alex Brekken brekkal at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 17:08:47 EST 2005

Playing it back through mplayer looks pretty good - I didn't see any
faults.  THEN, I actually re-named the file to overwrite an existing show
saved on my master machine.  This way I could playback the show through
myth, to make the simulation as accurate as possible I guess.  Anyway, when
viewing the show through Myth, it DOES have the same slo-mo effect as it
does when playing it back via the slave backend.  So that completely rules
out the network as a possible failing point.

Weird...  As I stated before, I have no problem playing back recordings made
via my PVR-250.  One thing I did notice, the codec I'm using for PVR-250
recordings is DVD-special2.  I believe Firewire recordings are TS.  Could
this be it??  I wouldn't think so since then everyone would probably have
the same problem.