[mythtv-users] (no subject)

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Dec 23 13:30:05 EST 2005

Rajeev Goonewardene wrote:

> I have successfully got mythtv working and it works great - very
> impressed by the work, thank you Issac and Jarod for the great
> software and howtos.  One small question, I have the PVR-350 card and
> I was wondering if I can get mplayer to play the DVD sound through
> the PVR350's audio out so I don't have to switch cables when watching
> a DVD.  This also would be nice for any media I am playing through
> mplayer.

This is really a question for ivtv mailing lists.

TTBOMK, the only way to get audio from the PVR-350's audio out is to
decode MPEG-2 with the PVR-350's onboard decoder.  (This used to be the
case, so unless something significant has changed in the last year...)

However, you wouldn't have to switch cables if you plugged in the cables
correctly:
PVR-350 out to soundcard in, then soundcard out to speakers or A/V
receiver.  Then, configure sound card settings (search the lists for
configuration info).

Mike