[mythtv-users] OSD Now/Next information from database?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Dec 22 23:17:38 EST 2005

duckeo wrote:

> Did some searching for this on google as well but I can't find anyone
> who's tried implementing it.
>
> Has anyone attempted to reproduce the 'now/next' information onto the
> OSD based on MythTV's own database (rather than the DVB station's EPG)?
>
> I always found that a very useful function of Digital TV and would
> love it would be in MythTV.
>
> Conceptually I *think* it would be fairly easily to implement (the OSD
> does database queries everytime the channel changes anyway right?),
> make a query for two rows each time a key is pressed.

Isn't that what browse mode is for?  Press "o" while watching LiveTV to
enter browse mode.  Then, to see what's on next, use the right arrow.
And, with browse mode, you can get Next-next and Next-next-next and ...  ;)

If you really like browse mode, you can set your channel up/down buttons
to always use browse mode.

Mike